Tarn – farmhouse and three upmarket gites – 12 metre pool
going concern – great location – very spacious
€875,000 * ref n° 198
This is an old farm artfully transformed into a home with three luxury gites on a compact estate. It cannot really be described as a ‘gite complex’ as that would reduce its allure and standing: the gites are discreetly integrated into the estate without taking away from the charm of the house and its surroundings.
The location is deep countryside – fields and woodland with views toward the mountains – but near to two small and lively towns, Revel and Sorèze, where the Tarn département meets the Haute Garonne.
The striking thing about these buildings is the quality and taste that have been lavished on their conversion. Each dwelling is spacious – over 120m² floorspace for the house and each of the three gites – each has its own distinctive décor – the floor tiling here, the exposed brickwork there – and all three gites give on to an expanse of garden on two sides leading down to a discreetly placed pool. There’s even a duck pond complete with unidentified large fish.
As well as the main house and the three gites there are a number of outbuildings. One of these is used as an events’ venue: weddings and parties are held here with the local commune providing chairs and a stage. A further building, used as a workshop and bike storage, could be converted into a small gite if necessary.
The location is particularly good: near enough to Sorèze (a charming little sleepy village with a famous abbey and former ‘military school’) and Revel, a bustling market town in the Haute Garonne département renowned for its hand-made furniture and 13th century market hall. Just south of the estate is the Lake of St Férréol which feeds the Canal du Midi with water. This is often the scene of cycling drama as the Tour de France passes through the region.
The airports of Toulouse and Carcassonne are both within 60 minutes.
Our opinion: This is the sort of property that many of our clients are looking for: a going concern with no work or improvements needed BUT with potential for expansion should idle hands fancy a bit of DIY.
On the income side one is buying into a turnover of at least €60k from the first year and considerably more once it gets going. Proximity to Toulouse means that the property will hold its value (Toulouse is growing by 10-15,000 inhabitants per year).
What’s for sale?
– A house and three luxury gites on 1.5 hectares of land
* House (owner’s dwelling) – 169m² of space on two levels with new roof comprising big farm kitchen and dining area, vast lounge with wood-burner, office/study, downstairs loo … with underfloor heating. Double-glazing throughout. Upstairs there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
* gite 1: 3 bedrooms, (one ensuite) 2 bathrooms, a large farm kitchen with dining area, living room with wood-burning stove, under-floor heating. Geothermal heating system. 130m²
* gite 2: 3 bedrooms (1 ensuite) 2 bathrooms, large kitchen, living/dining room, wood-burner. Terrace and patio. 122m²
* gite 3: 4 bedrooms (2 ensuite), 3 bathrooms, large living-dining area with integrated kitchen and wood-burner. Terrace and patio.
* hangar one : 116m²
* hangar two: 198m² – used for summer functions, parties, weddings etc
* 12 metre pool with permanent (sun) shelter and poolhouse.